How are you, Atok?


I lost an important person in my life, my Atok.
He's my maternal grandmother, who had lived his life in KL for a long time, 
but he was born in Malacca.

He has left us for a week, and a week before that he was already admitted to the hospital
because Doctor suspected him to have intestine cancer, but it turned out to be just ulcer,
but he recovered and got to go home.

On a Saturday morning, he called for my aunt's help cause he needed to go to the toilet and after going to the toilet, he sat on a chair and he became weak out of sudden.

So they made him lie down, asked him to recite the shahada and the next thing they knew was,
he's not there anymore. He had returned to the Almighty, the Creator and left everyone in tears.

Because of the 12h time difference, I received the news at 1.00am.
Who would call me at 1.00am?
Mom did, and she was crying and crying, I was shocked but I had to calm her down
and I had to calm myself down.

I thought I could be the strong girl here, I was wrong.

I cried for the whole night,
and the next morning, I was still crying.

I was not as close to him as my other cousins,
but his absence was really felt.

I could remember vividly, the last time I met him.
He was sitting on the chair near where I'd always sit his house
and as I wanted to leave, I went to greet him goodbye and 
he held my hands tightly,
telling me to always remember Allah and His Messenger, the Prophet Muhammad SAW.
To never forget to recite Selawat upon Him.

He didn't trouble everyone when he left,
he left in peace, he looked like he was asleep the whole time,
I know he's in peace.

May Allah place him in the Highest Jannah
and may we all be reunited there.

I know you're in a better place now, Atok.
I miss you, your cookings, your wise words and you'll always be remembered.
Gone, but never forgotten.


1 comment

  1. Allah lebih mengetahui. KEEP FIGHTING N STAY POSITIVE KAK ALIAH. 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete