She who was born today, 22 years ago



We're in the same orientation group when we first entered SSP but I didn't recall that moment as much as the day I complimented her long, straight hair. She had (still has) really nice hair and I was like girlll you're born with that?! We weren't in the same class when we're in Form 1, but on Fridays, after lunch, she would just come to my dorm to chill cause she's in basketball team but Fridays would be the training session for the seniors, none of the juniors would involve. I remember that she lost her Tissot watch, and that was a vintage watch, for God's sake! I bet she had trouble at home, justifying herself, haha! 

In form 2, we're in the same class. She was Ummu's deskmate and I was Edda's deskmate and four of us were (still are) really close! In KH class, Mimi always went to the toilet, I'm pretty sure she didn't notice that, but the teacher did, and she was warned for that. 

We weren't in the same class when we're in Form 3, but we were in the same dance team;
for teacher's day and the school carnival. For the school carnival dance, we went to Jalan Kenanga to buy the costumes together, they're so cheap and that was the first time I went to her house.
She has a sister, who's 3 years older than us, so when we're in Form 3, her sister was already out of school and she would come and visit her but the best part was, I still got KFC Zinger burger as a treat hehe!

Form 4 was a very busy year! We were both in the school teams, I was in debating team and she was in the basketball team and in the middle of the year, I went to Singapore for summit and in July, I went to Seoul, South Korea for a debate championship. We didn't get to talk a lot cause of the business but another important event in my life that had caused silent moment between us.

I was elected as one of the candidates to be the headgirl and she knew based on history, headgirl usually went solo. I was different cause I had (still have) a #highschoolbabes, kinda like a gang. And we're not rule breakers but we're not the nerd gang who lived by the rules either. But becoming a headgirl might change our friendship etc. I wasn't aware of me being elected, and I didn't exactly know why I was elected too though haha so it had been a rough end of the year for me, because I wasn't in the ready state of mind.

But everything went well after the appointment ceremony, I needed to recite the pledge bla bla
and she was appointed as the house captain, so we both had to work together a lot.

Thus, things changed afterwards. We shared problems and became each other's shoulder to cry. I couldn't thank her enough for switching off my room light every night when I was asleep because the room was pretty haha scary and I was afraid of sleeping in the dark. And at times when I was sick, she would make me porridge but she's terrible at feeding people though haha but at least she tried her best :P She would just study at my room and leave after I was asleep because I was that timid. 

We had academic struggles due to our business but everything turned out well, we both received scholarship and got to study abroad. She just finished her study in New Zealand, I am still here in Canada. We didn't get to study in the US together but hey, we love where we're now! We would video call on skype just to study or eat sometimes and we would talk on random things and also, on really important things.

I went to visit her last year in New Zealand, but I didn't plan to have road trips, I just wanted to stay in Auckland because she wasn't in her right state of mind. I just wanted to be there. Long story short, I was the first to know about stuff, it was on late November (or December) and since then, I'd decided to go to New Zealand by that summer, to get things right. Well, some things weren't meant to be fixed, she had to go through a lot of things but may God bless her pure heart, she still drove me and my cousin to Rotorua and some other places in the Northern Island of New Zealand during our visit.

She doesn't show her appreciation much, so do I. We hardly take pictures together because the friendship is more than just a picture. I could write all night long about her, but I bet this is long enough. The fact that she spent time to write a caption which was longer than three lines truly touched my heart. Because little that everyone knows, she lowers her ego as she ages haha!



We don't talk on daily basis, I hardly meet her these days, based on social media level, we seem to not be as close as the AVA (proudduck readers should know this) but she has a special place in life too (refer her post, I'm just copy pasting :P).

Of all the fights, silent moments, late night talks and failures in showing our appreciations,
I really hope the friendship lasts #tilljannah because you're really the kindest person I've met, you're the keeper and I just need to settle down in KL so you can come to my house any time you want.

Happy birthday, Eagle. 
I wish I can be there to celebrate the special day with you but we're 5000 miles away, 
so yeah. I wish you all the happiness in the world and you don't need Mr Right to be loved, you have your amazing dad, cool mom and wonderful siblings, me and all of #guyas to love you right!
One day, when your Prince Charming comes, #guyas will have to give him hard time first, we will protect you more this time hehe!

Have a great year ahead, happy graduating and most importantly,
my post is longer than you instagram post heh!






No comments