Rude police officer




Did I tell you about the rude airport police officer story? I bet, I haven't. I had my internship and YTN re-orientation camp in Peninsular Malaysia, and now that my family is living in Borneo; Kota Kinabalu, Sabah to be specific, so I had to fly back and forth during summer. After the orientation camp, I had a weekend to spend with my cousins and Pan, and on that Monday, I had my flight to KK. I had two luggages with me, one was for the internship clothes (cause I stayed at tokmak and tokabah's place), another luggage was my food stock (tokabah belanja me all of that for my stay in Canada hehe #favouritegranddaughter) and I had a traveling backpack, which was for my camping clothes. I wanted to check-in all three of them, well technically I could but I went overweight. It was 36kg, but I could only check-in 30kg luggages. So I thought, oh yeah I could just bring the backpack as my carry-on luggage and I had another bag (handbag), I would be fine. While at the counter, there's story of people cutting queues due to the system down at Enrich counters etc, but overall it's fine. Until at the local departure gate. God! I wish I recorded that moment.

A woman airport police officer didn't let me go in the departure gate because I had the backpack. She said regardless, I needed to check-in it. I told her about, well the woman at the counter told me that this could be my carry-on luggage because it weighed less than 7kg and it followed all the criteria and she made the stoned face, and she said in a very rude way, that I just had to leave my bag somewhere then. I swear she was talking very loud, and rude that everyone near there was starring at me. Pan could see her reaction from afar too! I don't like people shouting at me, what more in public?! I just couldn't stand it, my eyes went red, I could feel the heat in my eyes, I turned back, walked to Pan, crying! She was so rude! And her reasons for not letting me go was ridiculous, she didn't even have reasons for that. How could someone be so rude.... I still don't get it....

So since I had to go in without my bag, I had to leave it to Pan and my dad would come to KL in the next few days, and Pan would have to pass the bag to my dad. It's such a hustle that I had to burden Pan and my dad. I honestly didn't mind, not taking my bag on the plane, like it's not a big deal. It's just the way she talked and I wish I knew her name so I could file a complaint. I was so embarrassed cause she was shouting at me, and everyone was starring. I was being freaking polite to her, and the sad part was she's a government officer, she should at least be nice to the locals. And oh God, she's a woman, I thought woman should be respecting each other -.-

Oh but there's a man that witnessing this thing, and he tried making conversation with me as we passed through the immigration check point, and he's nice. I could see that he was pretty observant about his surrounding. Anyway, Pan told me that we should always learn something from someone, regardless of who she/he is. I guess I learn that we should treat everyone with respect regardless of his/her social status, how he/she looks. We should just respect everyone. When that thing happened, I thought maybe I looked so ugly or I looked like a lost kid who didn't belong to this world and she could be that rude to me. But when I think about it again now, maybe she thought that she's too good that she could talk to common people like me as if we (I) didn't have any value in her eyes or it's just the way she is that no one ever speaks politely to her, so she never knows what polite means.


It happened long time ago, but I just felt like complaining about it now, lol.


No comments