After 6 months without foundation


Most of my blog readers know what happened to my skin in 2015. I had severe breakouts, there were so many red pimples and scars on my cheeks. I got embarrassed. I changed my skincare products from A to Z,  ranging from the drugstore products to the high-end products. I spent hundreds of dollars just to make my face acceptable by the society. I would try home remedy masks, you name it, I've tried all of the techniques that have ever existed. 

Okay, some products worked but some just made things worse. 

2016, I would travel with my makeup bag. I have primer, concealer, foundation, makeup setting spray, bronzer, everything! I would watch videos on makeup tutorial how to cover acne scars etc. I spent my money and time just to look socially acceptable.

2017, things changed. In early 2017, I didn't put on heavy makeup anymore. I put on BB-cream sometimes but I didn't use concealer, that's for sure. Then, I met Sara Riad. An Egyptian girl who has a flawless face, beautiful eyes and so I asked her for her beauty tips. Okay, to be honest, most of my friends, they have flawless faces masyaAllah! Most of my friends here are Arabs and Pakistanis. So I would do my beauty research, but all of the tips sum up to this: simplicity.

The lesser the products you put on your face,
the better.

So Sara shared with me that she never dares to put on the foundation on her face because her skin is not suitable for it. She would just put on mascara and lipstick and she's done. But if she wants to be a bit fancier, she would have her eye makeup on.

As for skincare routine, it's better to just use 3 products on the face; cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.

You've seen my BodyShop skincare routine right?
I used 10 products per day but my skin doesn't show any drastic move.

So, after listening to all her beauty tips, I planned on experiencing it myself.


I'm only using three products in my skincare routine.

1. Cleansing my face with Dr. Belmeur foam cleanser by the Face Shop

2. I'm using this alcohol-free and fragrance-free toner from the Body Show


3. I moisturize my face with the clarifying moisturizer also from the Face Shop 

This is my skincare routine for every morning and night. 

As for makeup routine, I will only put on mascara and lipstick on daily basis but during certain occasions like Eid or weddings, I would put on full eye makeup.

I swear I haven't touched any foundation or bb cream for 6 months now.


My point is, it's not that face is getting so much better. I still have scars, they're visible. People ask me about my scars and recommend me to use certain products. They're being very helpful and I never feel offended. 

But the period of 6 months without putting on foundation has made me accept myself more.
I accept my acne scars as part of me, I feel more confident to talk to people even when they're starring on my cheeks. Having acne scars seems like a weakness in the beginning but hey, nobody is perfect!

But all I know is I shouldn't let my weakness to weaken my strengths, right?

So, as for now, I just focus on my eyes because I could admit it that my eyes are my strength. 
So now, people are starring my eyes more than looking at my cheeks.

I'm sharing some of my shameless selfies to prove everything I've said.
#nofilter


On a special occasion, hence the red lipstick.

On my way to La Ronde theme park!

Going-to-class look


You got to do what makes you happy!
I'm so happy with my skin now, it's not the best skin you would imagine but
as long as I'm happy about it, I don't care about others' opinions :)

Gotta share with you three lipsticks that I love and my one and only all time favorite mascara!

I would put on these two lipsticks on daily basis.
MAC lipstick, shade: TAUPE

Estee Lauder, shade: DARLING

On special events, I'll be wearing

Revlon Matte, shade: REALLY RED

and MY FAVOURITE MASCARA!!

THIS WORKS WONDERS!



No comments