Why I started blogging


I wanted to be a poet. Reading poems is a thing that I really enjoy doing because I love beautiful, meaningful words. Poems are used to express feelings in an elegant way, at least that’s how I feel about it. But I don’t study linguistics or literatures, so the technical part of my writings is a bit off. Well, as you can read here on my blog. Lol.

I wanted to be a writer, I once submitted my ‘essay’ or ‘short story’ to a book publisher and the company called me to continue writing as I will be guided by professionals etc, but I didn’t continue because I was so busy with school stuff.

I have more than 30 pieces of diaries/journals that I’ve collected since I was 8. I enjoy writing so much, but I never aim to improve on it, because I do this for the sake of my interest. Purely for my interest, nothing more.

I still write, manually. Literally writing down my thoughts on papers, but I feel like blogging is a bit handy these days.

Even in my diaries, I never write personal, private stuff. I like writing things generally. Because I hate leaving evidences behind, you know lol. It’s better to keep personal stuff in my heart or share it with people I love. I prefer this way.

My high school friends read my diaries, I had no problem with that. I even allowed them to do so because there’s nothing to hide. I used metaphors and analogies in my wiritings and talked about stuff as general as possible.

If things were meant to be shared, I would blog about them. I do not expect people to read my blog, I do not crave for loyal followers or more followers, no. I blog because I know I’m gonna reread my posts again. The posts are meant for my children, grandchildren, for them to know a little piece of me.


With these thoughts in mind, I started blogging, I still do and I enjoy doing it!


1 comment