Is glamorous life for me?




Some people aim to be famous, or well-known for certain things. In this era, people can easily gain the world's attention. If you dare to do anything, regardless of how weird those things can be, you will get all the attentions you want. I used to have long, chatty videos on my youtube channel but I stopped halfway (after being teased for what I did lol). I never intended calling myself a vlogger even though I enjoy editing videos of my trips. My number of subscribers is too small to claim myself as a youtuber. The number of my blog readers isn't great enough to call myself a blogger. 

All I know is, glamorous life isn't for me. I can't stand wearing make up everyday just to appear pretty on social media, I don't have the guts to be so expressive on my Instagram. Yes, I do share pictures, all the good ones, on my Instagram, for fun! But I never think much on what to wear, which brands should I promote today, how to make my instastories appear to be more interesting everyday. I don't have to think about what will appear on the news prior to my posts, cause people couldn't care less about me. I'm comfortable with that life. I fear judgement, I hate confronting people, I'm not always good with arguments and most importantly I do not know how to impress people.

I can't stand glamorous life, because I hate doing things for the sake of keeping up with the social norms. I like being me, I like it when I go to restaurants, I can order anything I want, eat with anyone I want and I can choose my life story according to what I like.

I think the worst part about glamorous life is to have people worshipping you, or people who don't see anything good in you. I don't like complements as much as I don't like criticisms. Complements hardly keep me grounded and criticisms act like a wall of insecurities. 

Dear older and wiser Aliah,

you will thank your younger self for choosing to live a normal life. Sticking to your goal to be an engineer and having your own business empire in the future without having to be a public figure are probably the best decisions that you make today 🤗


No comments